Our Career Opportunity and Management Employment Training (COMET) is the exclusive, award-winning, fast-track training program of Applied Industrial Technologies.
Our program runs from September through May of each year and includes:
- 10 months in a trainee role receiving personalized training and coaching by managers and peers, many of whom started in the same position.
- Product training as well as soft-skills training in sales, communications, and customer service through one-on-one, small group, web-based methods, and on-the-job training.
- We will introduce you to our sales and operations processes, technology, and strong company culture focused on customer satisfaction, personal mastery, and individual/team contributions.
- Following the program, you will be placed in a permanent position in one of our service centers, shops or functions.
Your college/university background, mechanical skills, work experiences and your personal motivators will serve as your initial foothold as you learn and grow in the COMET program. Qualities our COMET participants demonstrate are:
- Related internship or co-op experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Solutions-oriented problem solver
- Team player
- Resourceful, ambitious and you enjoy challenges
- Demonstrate a commitment to our Core Values
Many of our COMET graduates are now in management and senior management positions with Applied.
Throughout the year, our Applied Industrial Technologies representatives visit colleges, universities, and career fairs to discuss the COMET program with interested students. If Applied does not have a scheduled visit to a location near you don’t worry. If you are interested in the COMET program, apply to our generic COMET job posting online.